Friday, January 8, 2010

Do I need a oil filter wrench to change oil on 2008 Mazda3?

Going to change oil on this car for the first time. Do i need a wrench to get the oil filter off, or can I use any old filter wrench?? Also don't need a gauge to put it back on do I?Do I need a oil filter wrench to change oil on 2008 Mazda3?
you may need a specific wrench, or oil filter cap/cup, to remove the filter, depending on engine size. If my memory serves me correctly some of engines in the Mazda3 are the type that take a cartridge filter instead of a regular spin on filter. Check to see which filter you have before deciding what wrench to buy. hope this helps!Do I need a oil filter wrench to change oil on 2008 Mazda3?
I don't know what filter wrench you want to use but I use a plier type filter wrench to get the filter off, it fits in any filter. The brand is imperial, here is a picture http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0WTeff2Z35Ibk鈥?/a> . One thing to remember is to NEVER TIGHTEN THE FILTER WITH THE WRENCH.
%26gt;%26gt; Do i need a wrench to get the oil filter off, or can I use any old filter wrench??





Yes. often the filter gets stuck on.








Good Luck...
When you get the filter get the wrench%26gt; No guage read the installation on the filter%26gt;

No comments:

Post a Comment