Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Does anyone have a wix oil filter in their jeep wrangler?

I changed the oil in my 2003 Jeep Wrangler and replaced the mopar filter with a wix. The seals matched up but the overall filter is about twice the size, I am wondering if this is acceptable or if I need to get a new filter on there! As of right now I cant see that there is oil leaking from anywhere but I had to put in 7 quarts when the manual says I should only need 6. Thanks!Does anyone have a wix oil filter in their jeep wrangler?
Yes, it's fine. I only use WIX filters as I've seen one too many Fram filters collapse. A few of my buddies choose to run WIX / Napa gold filters for a 5.0 mustang. It holds more oil and has a bigger filter for better particle removal.Does anyone have a wix oil filter in their jeep wrangler?
The larger filter takes more oil, but so long as the threads and the seal were correct and there is clearance for the filter there is no problem with the size difference. I do wonder why it took an exta quart; be sure that you let the engine sit wihtout running for about three hours and recheck the oil level to make sure that it is not overfull.
The stated oil capacity assumes you're using a standard-size filter. A larger filter will hold more oil, so you need to add more oil.





The book's just a guideline; your dipstick wins every time. :)
i used wix filter on cheverolt and heavy equipment. it ok
as long as the filter is made for your jeep its fine, ive done it on my truck before and there are some that are def. bigger than others.. just watch for leaks you should be fine

No comments:

Post a Comment