Saturday, December 26, 2009

Why is my Jeep Cherokee Sport pushing oil out of fill cap, dipstick tube and oil filter?

I have a '95 Jeep Cherokee Sport with the in-line 6 cyl. I recently noticed that the rocker arm cover gasket was leaking and it looked like it had pushed out the corner of the gasket. I replaced the rocker arm cover gasket and it's not leaking now but once I replaced it oil started leaking out of the filler cap, the dipstick tube, and the oil filter. What is going on here? I fix one leak and I get 3 more.Why is my Jeep Cherokee Sport pushing oil out of fill cap, dipstick tube and oil filter?
I had this happen to my Cherokee, I lost 2 quarts of oil in 10 minutes. The rubber line to my PCV valve had become pinched. There is bypass when this happens forces oil out the crank case.





This PCV valve has a line that runs to your air filter box. Check that line to make sure it is not clogged or pinched in any way also inspect the PCV valve itself to make sure it is not clogged.





Here's a diagram:


http://autorepair.about.com/library/imag鈥?/a>





Please checkout my blog: http://indyjeep.wordpress.comWhy is my Jeep Cherokee Sport pushing oil out of fill cap, dipstick tube and oil filter?
Find out how your engine breathes. If it has a crankcase breather, then it sounds like it's plugged. Engines do build up internal pressure, but breathers typically relieve all of it. IF it's not plugged, then it SOUNDS like scored cylinders. I.e. dirt ingestion through rings and pistons. This causes the cylinder that's bad to act like it's own air compressor and will cause oil blow-by from any orifice available to it.





Good luck!
all the others and thin oil generly by gasoline polluting the oil pull stick and check oil level and smell for gas slick or thin
Check the pcv valve and pcv fresh air intake hose. You may be plugged and that will cause crankcase pressure which will cause a leak.......md
Hi, your PVC valve it plugged.

No comments:

Post a Comment