Wednesday, December 30, 2009

What's the best oil filter wrench, on the market?

Why is it when you try to change the oil on your car, the hardest part is getting the oil filter off? And why is it so difficult, I ask? Because the freaking oil filter wrench is a piece of crap.





And I've tried several different kinds of filter wrenches. But they all leads up to frustration and bruised knuckles. So, why is the most simpliest part of an oil change, ironically has to be the most difficult? I'm sure there has got to be a tool, on the market, that can be used on any typed vechicle, with very little effort of getting the oil filter to turn. If there is, then where can I find it?What's the best oil filter wrench, on the market?
Stop putting the filter on so tight. I've been fixing cars for a quarter of a century now, and if the filter was installed properly you should not need a wrench to remove it. In my tool box I keep several different oil filter wrenches, but the ones I use the most are my filter pliers made by Blue Point and distributed by Snap-On.What's the best oil filter wrench, on the market?
Thanx for the 10 spot. Good luck. Report Abuse

I've been a mechanic for a long time and there is NO one filter wrench that is best, fits everything, and always works.





That's why I have six different types.
Sears makes a great one the fits onto a ratchet. As you turn it, it grabs the filter from both sides. Very handy.
the best oil filter wrench that works for any car is one like this :





http://www.jackssmallengines.com/graphic鈥?/a>





I think i got mine at a local kragen or pepboys. They work great because they have sharp teeth on the gripping part that dig into the oil filter. Makes getting the filter off easy and fast. Leaves the filter kinda dented and scraped, but you don't need it anyway. I never use the original wrenches ever.
haha, I have a solution for you my friend!





Use a screwdriver and a hammer! Voila. Fits any vehicle where there is room to get it 'on'.
Try Sears and look at the Craftsman tools. My husband is a mechanic and swears by these tools. Plus if it breaks or wears out, you can replace it for free. Just bring it back to any Sears and they will give you a new one on the spot.
  • pimples blackheads
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment