Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I have a water leak the drips down around the oil filter?

AIts an explorer Sport 4.0 and it got hot. I let it cool down and then added water to the radiator and it just ran on the ground over my oil filter. Could this be a head gasket?I have a water leak the drips down around the oil filter?
could be, it also could be a freeze plugI have a water leak the drips down around the oil filter?
yes it could be a head gasket however before jumping to conclusions you should start at the bottom and follow the leak upwards to its source. there are smaller hoses and the intake gasket along that path that could be the problem also.coolant has a way of cruisin around and exiting somewhere other than where you think...
That, or the intake is leaking, if its a wet intake. if its running outthat fast, then it should be easy to spot. I think there are also heater hose nipples back there, but I cna't be certain. Could have blown out a freeze-out plug fron the back of the head or block, also.
its probably a freeze plug leaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment