Saturday, December 26, 2009

What happens to the engine, if an oil filter is loose?

I kept driving when I had my oil change 2 months ago, but I didn't know until now.What happens to the engine, if an oil filter is loose?
If you lose all your oil then you get to replace the engine..$$$$$$What happens to the engine, if an oil filter is loose?
If your oil filter is loose,most likely you lost some oil and oil spots can be seen where you parked,if not enough oil is left in your engine,your engine will loose lubrication and your pistons against your cylinders will start to seize,there is also the danger of your rod bearings, piston rings,cam shaft,and crankshaft being scarded for lack of lubrication.just hope you caught the problem before to much oil was lost
that's scary! makes me want to go check my oil filters!!! Maybe I should just change the oil out myself and have only me to blame if the engine is ruined.


if you mean loose as in about to fall off? goodluck with that engine. If it was just handy- that's good. you are not suppose to tighten it too much! Hand tighten only!
is there oil under your car? if there is you have a problem, check your oil level. if it gets too low your engine will seize. if the filter is loose twist it clockwise till its tight. As long as you havent lost too nuch oil your engine should be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment