Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Having a problems with my oil filter lines for my 99 s-10 zr2. They leak and I need to know if this is common.

Is this easy to fix, and how much would it cost?Having a problems with my oil filter lines for my 99 s-10 zr2. They leak and I need to know if this is common.
Oh man, you too! I have a 98 S-10 for wheel driver with 32,000 original miles and it came with the heavy duty oil cooling system. I had an oil pressure line go bad @28,000. I know for sure GM (Chevrolet) gets in your sneakers to the tune of $325.00 to just replace the hose that's bad. You can do it yourself but you're stuck buying the hose at your Chevrolet dealer.Having a problems with my oil filter lines for my 99 s-10 zr2. They leak and I need to know if this is common.
yes it is very common. Every one of those leak. I would not do it yourself though. The engine most likely may need to be moved out of the way (jacked to one side). About $200-$300 to have done at a garage.
i have replaced more then i can count. sometimes you have to pry the engine over but not too tough

No comments:

Post a Comment