Wednesday, April 28, 2010

When I go to a corner garage for a synthetic oil change, what kind of oil filter do they normally use?

OEM oil filter?


FRAM oil filter?


OEM synthetic oil filter?


FRAM synthetic oil filter?


other?





I am asking because I have a scheduled oil change tomorrow, he didn't have Mobile1 synthetic so I bought my own. I am wondering if I should buy my own oil filter as well (I would probably buy Mobile1 filter). If not he will provide, but I am not sure what kind of oil filter he will put in.





THanksWhen I go to a corner garage for a synthetic oil change, what kind of oil filter do they normally use?
They will probably use a cheap one with regular cellulose(paper) media. This should be fine if you're changing it every six months or so. If it really concerns you, take your own filter.





As an Amsoil dealer I use and recommend the Amsoil EaO synthetic nanofiber oil filters and change the oil and filter once a year. If there's a car that Amsoil doesn't make a filter for, I usually use a Purolator Pure-One and change it every six months and the oil(Amsoil synthetic) once a year.





my Amsoil website: http://www.number1synthetic.com








Good luck!When I go to a corner garage for a synthetic oil change, what kind of oil filter do they normally use?
He will probably use a fram as most garages do unless you take it to a dealership and they use what the factory uses, fram is a real good filter and I have been using them for over 40 Yrs. with not a problem from one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment