Monday, April 26, 2010

Was doing my yearly clean on my 72 Chev,I found a ded squirel in my oil filter.Is this common with this model?

The squirrel was about 35 years old, i demanded an optopsy..and it was quoted to be this old so im just wondering if it was a factory mistake?Was doing my yearly clean on my 72 Chev,I found a ded squirel in my oil filter.Is this common with this model?
That year was notorious for the dead squirrel problems on all Chevy motors. I believe that was the year they had a high turnover rate and couldn't hire people fast enough, so they started hiring squirrels. What happened was, they hire a lot of lazy squirrels and some of them would climb up in the motors on the assembly line and sleep. Some were never seen again. Chevrolet was embarrassed about hiring squirrels and never let it out and decided it would be best to deal with it on a case to case basis instead of a nationwide recall.





I am sorry that you ended up with one of the problem models, but would recommend you call gm and see if they are still fixing the issues with that. Its been a while so they might not know about it, with all the cover ups they did to keep animal activist away from the subject.Was doing my yearly clean on my 72 Chev,I found a ded squirel in my oil filter.Is this common with this model?
Yes, that was a factory option on the '72. Who ever bought the car new must have gotten the squirel option.
Just a common Chevy issue. Replace it every 25 years and yoi'll be fine
If PETA finds out about this, you may be in trouble.
How would a squirrel fit in a oil filter and if it took you this long to find that out you must have serious issues with nit changing your oil
of course not didnt you know all 72 chevys come with a dead squirel on the oil filter it keeps the big chunks of metakl from getting to the engine!
First of all u shld change ur oil every 3000 miles or 3 months and then the oilfilter is to small for squirl?
In your oil filter!!?? He'd have to have been in the block at the factory to get in there, if the car hasen't been sitting for several years
Unless the squirrel is a fetus, it could never fit into the filter - the holes are wat too small. Please stop trolling.
What is wrong with you? You probably think your question is funny, but I don't find it funny or amusing. Get a hobby and stop wasting everyone's time.
  • beach makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment