Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Is it tooo late to change my oil filter?

I couldnt get my oil filter off, so I just went ahead and drained my oil and put new oil in without changing the filter, can I go in now and change the filter, or would I have to drain my oil again?





If I had to drain it out, can I just use that same oil since its new or would I have to buy new oil???Is it tooo late to change my oil filter?
You can go on and put the new filter in but you may need to add a little more oil.Is it tooo late to change my oil filter?
If you go to the trouble of changing the filter, I would replace the oil as well. I have seen guys change the filter every other time, but I would recommend that you change the filter each oil change and that the frequency be no more than 4000 miles - target is around 3000 miles. You could probably change the filter without changing the oil, but you will lose some (that is in the filter) and some out the port when you screw the filter off, so I would just bite the bullet and change it all.
yes you can put a new one on without drain the oil
I think that you can change the filter without draining the oil. The oil all sits at the bottom of the enigine in the pan. I think it would be fine to remove the filter and then add half a quart or so of oil.
To change the filter, you do not have to change the oil. You will lose about one quart in taking the filter off and putting the new one on. For goodness sakes, how many times are you going to ask this question before you wise up and take the vehicle to JiffyLube and get the filter changed?
Take it your local jiffy lube shop
jus change the filter, no problems going to happen...


you can use the same oil..if you drain it again.. but i dont think you shiould drain it again because it wuld just be more work... so just change the filter, no problems goin to hapen
Just change the filter, this time. When it's ready again, do it the right way, you'll save yourself time and money when you do things correctly.
It'll be okay. Better late than never. The dirty filter should not contaminate the new oil. But it might clog completely and starve the engine of oil. So change it if you can.
Since you've already put new oil in it and have not driven the vehicle you've got time to change the filter. It's OK to get nasty with it with a screw driver. I've had to resort to that many times. Do to over tightening the filter by some ';do da'; who's got 0 training. I really do feel your frustration. That's why I ALWAYS do my own oil changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment