Monday, April 26, 2010

Where is the oil filter located on a 94 nissan sentra?

I just got an oil change on Feb 28 and today my light came on indicating that there was something wrong with the oil pressure...I've been driving my car 50 miles/day for about 7 days now and when I got off the free way I heard a knocking noise coming from the engine...when I got to my boyfriend's house he checked my oil and there was no oil on the stick. So, where is the oil filter so I can check it? I need help. I just bought 2 quarts of engine oil and I'm about to add it in, but do I have to change the oil filter if I add new oil to the engine?Where is the oil filter located on a 94 nissan sentra?
no you don't need to change the filter if you're adding oil. you should change it when you're changing the oil. The person who performed the oil change may have drained the oil but forgot to put in new oil because he/she was busy. If this is the case, then your engine is pretty much damaged. Supposedly this is more likely to happen at a quick lube joint. Having no oil is a serious problem that might cost thousands of dollars to fix or replace.





the filter is underneath a car. You probably have to use a jack and put jackstands underneath the front of the car. You'll need a oil filter wrench to take it off. There are many sizes for this wrench. You can get an adjustable one. When you put a new filter on, lube the rubber gasket with oil with your finger first. Hand tighten it - do not use the wrench. Follow directions that came with the filter.





If you can get evidence of negligence by the person who performed the oil change, you need to go talk to the shop and see what they will do. They have insurance policies for these kinds of mistakes.





But it's weird that you were able to drive for about 7 days for relatively long distances. Maybe you have a leak. Check under the driveway/parking spot. Maybe the oil filter wasn't tightened properly, or maybe the drain plug is stripped/damaged. Or less likely, but still possible, the oil change technician didn't put enough oil in the engine on purpose, so that your car would have a problem later, and you would bring it in.Where is the oil filter located on a 94 nissan sentra?
if you lay on your back under the car at the back of the motor below the intake is were the filter is

No comments:

Post a Comment